Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book an appointment?
Your appointment time is reserved especially for you. If you must cancel your appointment, please call our office at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. This us to offer that time to another patient. If a patient does not cancel an appointment 24 hours in advance or fails to show up for their appointment, there may be a fee charged to the patient account.
What is a Care Manager?
A care manager is a Nurse who specializes in providing support to individuals in conjunction with patient’s goals.
Some of a Care Manager’s patient-centered responsibilities are:
- Manages and follows a designated caseload of patients within the associated practice
- Provides targeted interventions to avoid hospitalizations and emergency room visits
- Coordinates care across settings and helps patient/families understand health care options
Additional ways the Care Manager can help you as a patient are:
- “Check in” calls to assess health care, educational, and psychosocial needs of the patient/family
- Develop comprehensive individualized plan of care and targeted interventions (goals), in partnership with the provider
- Self-management support (i.e. DM, HTN, Obesity, etc.)
- Explore and resolve uncertainties about health conditions
- Identify qualifying patient financial assistance programs for DM medications
Charges Without Insurance
How much is a visit if I don't have insurance?
Depending on if you are a new patient, established patient, and what you are being seen for the price can vary. Please call our office at: (816) 690-6566 and we will be more than happy to give you an estimate over the phone.